By coincidence I recently found out how to open an Eclipse workspace via drag and drop on Windows.
It is actually a simple trick, but I want to share it anyway:
- Create a link to the eclipse.exe that you want to use (e.g., named EclipseWorkspaceDragAndDrop on your Desktop).
- Open the properties of the link (e.g., via Alt+Enter).
- Locate the Target input field, whose content should end in eclipse.exe right now.
- At the very end of the input field, append -data.
- Open the Explorer (or suchlike), navigate to the parent directory of your workspace directory, and drag the workspace directory onto the link (e.g., EclipseWorkspaceDragAndDrop)
- Eclipse should startup into the selected workspace without asking you to choose one.